Monthly Archives: December 2020
|Download Messenger Flash Reviver|
With the immediate demise of Adobe Flash, Messenger Flash Reviver restores the Flash-enabled features (winks, dynamic display pictures) of all versions of Windows Live Messenger and MSN Messenger by installing a portable version of Flash and then modifying Messenger to use it.
Having a problem? Post in the comments below or visit this MessengerGeek forum topic.
How to use
- Download and run Messenger Flash Reviver
- The Windows Live Messenger or MSN Messenger executable file will be automatically detected, or alternatively, you can select the location of the file in any Messenger installation
- Press the Start button
- Messenger will be Flash revived, and then restarted for use
- Any version of MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger, in any language
- Any version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Optional automatic backup of modified file
- Optional restart of Messenger
- Full logging
- Command line parameters
- Silly little easter egg
- UI available in English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian and Greek
Command Line Parameters
Messenger Flash Reviver includes command line arguments for the use in scripts and automation.
|/run||Automatically starts reviving|
|/exe [PathToExe]||Sets the path to the Messenger executable file|
|/nobackup||Disables making a backup of the file before reviving|
|/nomsgrstart||Disables Messenger from being restarted|
|/norestartwin||If files are not modifiable, prevents Windows from being restarted to complete reviving (automatic Windows restart feature triggered by /run)|
|/? or /help||Shows this helpful table|
Errors return errorlevels -2 through -10, successes return 0 or 2, view errorlevel documentation.
|Dec 30 2020||18.104.22.168||First release of Messenger Flash Reviver|